Thursday, March 6, 2014

Half way!

This pregnancy is already half gone! It is going so fast! It probably helps that we found out so late to begin with. 


There have been a few differences between this pregnancy and my last:
1. I feel absolutely fantastic. I also felt pretty great when I was pregnant with Maya, but this is on a different level of greatness. And while I am thoroughly appreciative of that, it also makes it oddly surreal that we will have another baby in just 4 1/2 months. 
2. I can't feel this baby move as much. I found out yesterday that it is because the placenta is in the front of my uterus, acting as a pillow between me and baby. The doctor said it's great if I feel her move once every day or two at this point. Kinda bums me out. That was my favorite part. I hope it will change as the pregnancy progresses and baby girl gets bigger and stronger. 
3. Oh my word the Braxton Hicks. I started having them at the end of the first trimester and get them several times a day. Never hurts, but they're sure uncomfortable! With my last pregnancy I didn't start noticing them until I was like 30 weeks or something. 

I am incredibly grateful that Ryan and I are blessed with the ability to have children, and that my journey in doing so is such a breeze (so far). I hear horror stories and have to just smile and nod because I really don't relate. I'm probably jinxing myself now. Oh well. 

But seriously. Pregnancy is awesome. 

3 comments:

James and Laura Neibaur said...

Oh you are so cute! I'm glad it's been another great pregnancy. Part of that I'm sure is that you are in great shape. That makes a big difference. My placenta was in front with two of mine and I could feel them kicking and moving around a lot after about 22 weeks. So, maybe that will be the same for you. Don't worry about horror stories :) Just enjoy what you have. We women tend to talk about the bad I think. Silly, but true.

Mom said...

What a cute baby bump--love the shirt too!!

Hard to believe you're already half way there!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is very exciting to hear you are having another baby! and you look so small! in that picture I thought you were like 2 months not half way.