Monday, February 24, 2014

29

This past Saturday I turned 29! Whoo-hoo, last year of my twenties!! It better be awesome.

I had a really great birthday. I took no pictures. Sorry.

On Thursday my mom came down and we had Silver Mine Subs for lunch (yummy) and then we went shopping for maternity clothes. For me. Not her. It was so fun!

Then on Friday my mom came down again but this time she took Maya home with her to spend the night and Saturday-day. I'm pretty sure they had a blast!

Friday night Ryan and I went to The Happy Sumo for sushi with our good friends. I know, I know. Pregnancy and sushi do not mix. I got a roll with nothing raw so I could still enjoy it though. Oh how I love sushi.

Saturday morning we went to brunch at a cute local joint in Louisville called Huckleberry. It was delicious! Then we went to DSW because I was desperately wanting new heels. Ryan helped me pick out 4 pairs to take home! Clearance shelves at DSW are awesome. Then we went to Fort Collins to make homemade noodles for the lasagna my dad was making. And then we ate it and played games for a couple of hours with my parents and Holly.

We headed home that night and were taken surprise by some heavily falling snow! I didn't enjoy THAT part of my birthday. But the rest of it was so fun!

Sorry for the lack of pictures. Posts without pictures are always so much less fun to read. BUT. Here is one picture that might make up for the lack of other pictures:


This is our new baby. We had the ultrasound on the morning of the 21st (happy birthday to me!). And this sweet baby... she is GIRL #2! (And if you look at this post, you will see that she and Maya have similar bone structure!)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Loved your post! Even without pictures, it worked for me since because I was there, I have them all in my mind! :)

I loved our shopping trip and I'm
so excited about my new little granddaughter--what a great weekend!!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

WOOO HOOO!!! Another precious little dolly in your family, and if she's lucky... she'll look exactly like beautiful Maya!

Dad said...

Happy birthday, Chantal!! Loved having Maya for part of the weekend and loved having you and Ryan here for dinner and games! Very wonderful indeed!! :)