Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Are you there, Susie Snowflake?

Every year I feel like the cold weather comes later and later. While it has snowed a couple of times this season, the temperature has been remarkably warm the majority of the time.

Sure, sunshine and a cool breeze are nice. In summer.

It is now December 5, and the current temperature outside is 63 degrees!! 63!! Seriously??! There is a reason that I don't want to live in Florida or California or any of those other mildly temperate areas. I LIKE the changing seasons, and I LOVE snow! There is something about the cold weather that just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. And it just isn't Christmas without snow. 

So here I am, anxiously waiting for the cold (but as soon as Christmas is over, it usually doesn't take me very long to wish for the warmer weather to come back). I suppose this past summer was indicative of what the winter would be like. It was so stinkin' hot, and now it's just carrying on through the cold season. 

Albeit, it is supposed to get much colder this weekend and there is a possibility of snow. Which makes me happy. :) Unless that is the day that baby decides to come. Then I won't be so thrilled about the timing and having to drive to the hospital if the roads are slick. But if she doesn't come, I will be spending my time baking incredibly chewy chocolate chip cookies, listening to Christmas music, warming my toesies by the fire, and eating soup for dinner.



2 comments:

Crystal said...

We are feeling the same way! Except we haven't seen a single snowflake yet this year. Hopefully we see some of the beautiful white fluff before Christmas! (cuz I'm like you, once Christmas is over, I'm ready for the cold to be over. lol!)

Holly Meehleis said...

The baby DID come on the day it was supposed to snow, except...it DIDN'T snow! Maybe it was a blessing, even though I've been dying for some white stuff!