Thursday, November 29, 2012

Playing the Waiting Game


Well. This pregnancy is quickly coming to a close. At this point, the only thing I'm not really enjoying is that an estimated due date is just that: estimated. It would be awesome if things were more definitive than they are. So I'm counting down to a day that I may or may not get to, or even pass for that matter. I like to have things to look forward to with a certain day in mind. When I was little, I liked to make those chain link things that you tear one off every day until the day is there. I would count down the days in my school planner until Christmas or summer break. But I can't do that with this and it's driving me nuts that I don't know exactly when it will happen! I suppose I can look on the bright side and at least know that it's going to happen. And soon! (I hate "maybe" and "we'll see"... just ask my husband.)

Thankfully, things around here are starting to get a little more ready for the arrival of a little person. Our car seat came this past Monday, and I love it! It's still sitting in our front room, but at least we have it. The nursery is 98% done! And I love it, too! I'll post pictures once all of the final touches are added. My bag is packed, and I keep getting "Leaving on a Jet Plane" stuck in my head every time I think/say that phrase. I feel ready and prepared to go into labor anytime. (You hear that, baby? Anytime!)


No comments: