Friday, March 4, 2011

Celebration Bread

I have been working on perfecting my bread-making skills. I have always LOVED the smell of homemade bread in the oven, and hope to have it be a somewhat regular happenstance in the Koenig kitchen - assuming life never gets too crazy. (ha)

During the massive cold front that whipped through Colorado a few weeks ago, I was flipping through my cookbooks (killer cold always makes me want to bake) and found a recipe called Celebration Bread. It looked fancy, and yet easy enough to do. As luck would have it, life DID get too busy for a little while, and I never found time to make it until this past Sunday.

This is how it turned out:


I wouldn't call it perfect-looking, but it was delicious! I will definitely be making it again.

1 comment:

Mom said...

There truly is nothing quite like the smell of bread baking in the oven, especially on a cold winter day. Yum!!