Friday, March 4, 2011

Another year has gone by...


I had a birthday!

It was on February 22nd, and it was wonderful. Ryan and I wanted to spend that evening with my parents and brother (we ended up celebrating it on the following Friday with my sister and her husband). My poor father had been suffering from influenza for the previous 2 weeks, so we decided to order some seriously delicious Chinese food instead of going out. I mean, come on, it's hard to beat a birthday crab rangoon!



After dinner, I opened my gifts. I got really great things! One pictured is a big blanket that my Grandmother crocheted for me. It's beautiful and really cozy! I'm grateful she's such a talented woman! The other is a cookbook that my mom got me to experiment with Crohn's Disease friendly recipes for her! I love cookbooks, and look forward to trying out some stuff that she can have too.





After presents we played Cranium, at which my team lost. But don't worry, it was a close game.



Then cake and ice cream!



When we got back home, Ryan gave me a card with our plans for the weekend. It said that we would spend the day shopping at Flat Irons and then go to Rodizio Grill for dinner! I was so excited! Shopping was a blast, and Dairy Queen even helped us celebrate my birthday with a cute teddy bear (not actually sure what it was for, but kind of a fun coincidence).



Rodizio Grill was quite delicious, and quite filling, but totally worth it. I had only been there once before, and loved getting to experience the uniqueness of it again. I even ate a chicken heart.


Last year was filled with fun surprises and life-changing events, and I'm excited to see what this next year will bring!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a fun and special birthday this year! The past year has been full of wonderful things and I'm sure this next one will be as well!

Happy Birthday!

Love you, Mom

andrea said...

Happy (late) birthday!! Sounds like you had such an awesome weekend.