Thursday, October 31, 2019

Lydia - 7 Months

Lydia is 7 months old!



She is starting to show her personality, and it's a pretty sweet one. She gives me the biggest hugs! She will look at me, hug me for about ten seconds, stop hugging me, look at me again, and hug me again for a long time. When she smiles she scrunches up her face and makes a really cute sound.



She is starting to try to pull herself up to stand when I'm folding laundry and she's sitting next to the basket. She got herself all the way up one time, looked very proud of herself, and then immediately fell over.



She can sit for extended periods of time now. I love that milestone because it means she can sit in the highchair to eat, can sit among toys and pick what she wants to play with, and she can see the world from a much better vantage point than the floor.



Her hair is long enough to put in little piggies or a Troll style pony. I've only done it a couple of times but she wears it well!



Her daily schedule is waking around 6:30/7, napping 9 AM - 10:30 AM, baby food lunch around noon, nap from 1 PM - 2:30 PM, baby food dinner when the family eats, and then bed time at 8 PM. She nurses 4 times a day with a night cap right before bed, and she still wakes to nurse once during the night. Still no teeth!



She is turning into a wonderful baby, and I'm so glad. I remember during the hard months as a newborn I kept thinking, "I wish it was 6 months from now!" and now it is and we are reaping the benefits of the passage of time.

2 comments:

Dad/ Papa said...

Love our little Lydia!! She is definitely special!!

Dad/ Papa said...

I've come back to look at her beautiful smile again... it makes me smile, too!!