Thursday, September 26, 2019

Lydia's Blessing Weekend

Lydia Elise was given a name and a blessing by Ryan on September 1. We had a lot of family and friends join us for the occasion. We made a fun weekend out of it, and we had a wonderful time.

Day #1: We went to the zoo! Our crowd included our family, Papa (my dad), Sessie, the Brownings, Ben and Sarah, and Holly and Garrett. It was a really fun day and I'm so glad we all got to go together.



Let it be known that Dallin is a runner. Onlookers, judge all you want, this kid requires a leash!














Day #2: The blessing day! Our group took up a good three pews at church. On top of the zoo crowd we had Berne and Cindy, David and Ashley's family, Brady and Erin's family, my grandma, Aunt Roxanne, Nana (my mom), Jared Kempton, and the Cooks. 
The blessing was beautiful. Lydia fussed a little bit, but overall it was a perfect five minutes.






After sacrament meeting everyone came back to our house for lunch. We did a taco bar that was superbly executed, if I do say so myself (I had help, and overall I was quite impressed by how smoothly everything went and how not stressed out I was).

Lydia was loved by all!










Day #3: A bit more relaxed. My grandma made this blanket for Dallin and he was in love! 

I went antiquing with my dad, Roxanne, and Grandma. 



At about 3 PM the Brownings got to our house and we headed to the pool. We stayed until  5 PM and then came home and had a hot dog and burger BBQ (it was Labor Day, after all!) for dinner.




It was an amazing weekend, full of wonderful memories. 

No comments: