Thursday, January 21, 2016

Our New Home!

Well, we moved! Here is a photo tour for you.

Our home! I love that it has a side load garage. We are going to paint it this spring; color has not been decided yet (might be the same, just fresh).

Laundry and MUD ROOM! To the left of the door there is a closet and a lot of cabinets.

Our office. The only room that is left to finish unpacking and organizing.

Powder room. I don't like how dark it is.

Family room

The view out of our family room. These windows are what I fell in love with first about this house.

Kitchen

And other kitchen view. Except for the desk area and walkway to the dining room, it is very similar to the kitchen we had in Erie.

Dining Room

Living room. We have curtains on our to-do list for this room. It's wonderfully bright and warm during the day but it's going to roast us in the summer.

Front entry

A little sitting area at the top of the stairs. We have a second chair like this one that is in the basement right now. I tried to bring this one up by myself and almost toppled down the stairs more than once, so I am waiting for Ryan to help with the second one.

The loft! I love this! A place for toys to live. It might become a 4th bedroom someday, but for now I love the openness of it.

The view into our family room from the top of the stairs.

The bathroom the girls use.

Maya and Brianna's room. I didn't realize how big it is until we moved their furniture in and all of it fit with lots of room to spare for playing.

The furniture doesn't all match, but it's fine for now.

The guest bedroom

Guest bedroom bathroom. There is a shower to the right of the sink.

Our bedroom.

The other side of our room with a blurry 3 year old.

Into the master bath. We ordered a door to put in here, and Ryan will be installing it soon. There will be a window at the top to make up for the extra space.

This is the view from our bedroom door.

Our backyard! Or at least part of it

I love that we are so close the mountains. On slow days I hope that the girls and I can take a quick jaunt up to Horsetooth Falls on a regular basis.

So there is our house! There is a lot of wall space we need to fill, but it's coming along nicely and we are pretty happy to be here. Ryan has already replaced all of the hardware on the doors. Before we moved in there was brass, silver, and antique bronze. Very mixed and not great looking. He put brushed nickel levers on all of the doors, new hinges, and a nice new front door handle. We have several other projects for the future, a lot of which will start when the weather gets nice. We are excited to have a larger yard and are planning to start a garden this year.

Home sweet home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing the pics! The loft and the gorgeous windows are my favorites! It's a beautiful home and looks awesome for your family! -Crystal

Anonymous said...

I came to look again (I was a tad distracted by a certain toddler the first time), and I have to add that the entryway and backyard are also my favorites :) So many great things! I'm so happy for you guys! -Crystal

Holly Meehleis said...

I love how Maya has a cameo in so many of your pictures haha =)