Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Since A New Baby Came

Things around here are a little different since we brought a new baby home. I am trying to get into a new routine with having 2, and so far it is going okay. 


Right now the girls are napping in the afternoon and going to bed at night at about the same time. Miracle!! Brianna is officially moved into her own room for sleeping, including at night. I love peaceful and pretty she looks while she's sleeping. 


We have been able to go for a couple of walks! This walk was four days after she was born. I was desperate to get out of the house. I also took the girls on a walk to the library a couple of days ago. It was my first outing by myself with 2 kids, and it went very well. 


Being confined to the house got old pretty quick. And Maya was so completely bored. Ryan was home from work the full week after Brianna was born, and we decided to do some fun things as a family. We went to a splash park and saw How To Train Your Dragon 2 (so cute!!). Maya loved both and it was really nice to spend time together doing fun things. 


At Brianna's 2-week appointment she weighed 7 lb 1 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She gained almost a whole pound and grew 1 inch since leaving the hospital! Wow!! We are thinking she might end up being a little bigger than Maya. 


I made Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. I was rather surprised I actually got it all assembled and ready to bake with no stress from a particular 20 month old. 


We like to watch movies and cuddle with each other. 


Some days get pretty boring. Not a lot to do when Mama is scared to leave the house with a toddler and newborn. Thankfully, on this particular day, my older sister and her family were in town. Ryan came home from work early and we went to Fort Collins. We went to an amazing park with a splash pad and huge play set, Cafe Rio for dinner, and then she got to play with her cousins for a little while. Boredom cured for one day!


When Maya wakes up from her nap she is always so happy! 


We also went to the Wow Children's Musuem by our house with my family. Maya thought her dinosaur tail was funny. Boredom cured for another day! :)


Maya really loves her sister. She cuddled, kissed, and "played" with Brianna like this for 15 minutes, with no coaxing from me. It thrills me to pieces that Maya is so accepting of Brianna already!!

(You may have noticed that Brianna always has a burp cloth pillow. She's a spitter upper!!!)

4 comments:

Mom said...

It has been a memorable couple of weeks for your family! Love all the pics, and love hearing (and seeing) how well things are going. It really is one day at a time with a toddler and newborn. You guys are doing fantastic!

Crystal said...

It seems like the transition is going as well as could be hoped for! Maya is a great big sister. I am so glad that I was able to be there for some of that and meet your sweet little Brianna!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

Oh my goodness, what a couple of cutie-pies you & Ryan have! New little Brianna is STUNNING... congrats on your beautiful family!!!

Holly Meehleis said...

I'm so glad everyone loved the splash pad/park that I suggested we go to! That week with everyone here (minus Ben, sad face) was so memorable and fun! I hope we have many more get-togethers like that to look forward to =D