Friday, August 29, 2014

Ryan's Birthday

I have so many things I have been needing (ok, wanting) to blog. There are lots of cute pictures in my actual camera (including Brianna's 1-month photos), but time so quickly slips away these days. But tonight I have time to write a post with pictures on my phone. Yay for 4 AM feedings with a newborn!

This past weekend marked Ryan's birthday. We had buttermilk waffles for breakfast, and then decided to go hiking! Ryan found a trail he wanted to try about an hour away. 


We gathered all of the necessities and headed out. Maya got to ride on Ryan's back (I think it looks like she's in something used to ride an elephant!), and little Brianna rode in my lillebaby. 



The path was beautiful. I told Ryan I wanted to build a house there and pretend I lived in a fantasy story. He looked at me kindly and patted my head. I don't think he is interested in a fantasy life!


We stopped for lunch by the river. Maya did a little dancing. 




After lunch we decided to hike back, which turned out to be a good decision because it started raining. 


Seriously fantastical!


Maya was great. We got back to the car an hour after her naptime, but she remained in good spirits. 



This was my view for the hike. I love this tiny girl. 

It was a really fun day and a great way to celebrate Ryan's birthday!

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a wonderful day and what precious pics! Happy Birthday Ryan!!