Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas is a-comin'!

It's December!

Tonight we are getting our first Christmas-time snow. It's supposed to do a real good job of it, too.



This past weekend we put up our Christmas decor!  Maya is pretty excited about the tree. She REALLY likes the ornament wreath I made a couple of years ago with Holly, and has pulled off some of the ornaments! It also lost a few in the box (darn cheap ornaments) so it's looking quite bare and is going to have to be worked on a bit before it looks good enough to put out again.




I am so excited for Christmas this year. Maya gets so excited about things now that I am sure we will get a good reaction out of her on Christmas morning. I know a lot of people don't want to do much for their baby when they don't even know what's going on, but I can't help it! I want to see that smile!



Today she watched Frosty the Snowman with me. She sat on my lap and just...watched. I have waited so long to share my childhood with a child of my own! And even though she's young still it is already so much fun.

And now that it is December, we will have a 1 year old in just 6 short days. I can't believe it! I remember after she was born wondering how she would be and what she would look like when she turned 1. Now I know, and I am quite happy.
She also got excited about the springy Santa. :)


2 comments:

Mom said...

What a little cutie--you will have so much fun with her! She loves it already!

Dad said...

Oh, it's going to be a special Christmas in the Koenig home this year!!