Monday, August 26, 2013

Ryan's #30!! (30?! Really?)

Ryan had his 30th birthday this last week! I think he is aging pretty well.

Maya and I met up with him for lunch on his birthday. Maya is wearing her "daddy makes me smile" shirt. You can see that it is true!




The celebration that night was a bust that turned into an unbust.

We had planned to go go-cart/race car driving the evening of his birthday, and celebrate it with our friends (one of his friends has the same birthday, so it was kind of a duo thing). The weather was supposed to be fine. And then, at 6:30 PM, as we were arriving at the track, a thunderstorm started. We were so disappointed.

After a lot of deliberating about what to do, we decided that we should go to dinner. We ended up at a pizza joint called Proto's, which I think I can safely say is our favorite "gourmet" pizza. We had a fun group with us, and Maya was absolutely stellar, even though we kept her up almost an hour past her bedtime. It was her birthday present to her daddy. :)

After dinner we came back to our house for cake. I found this recipe in my Gourmet cookbook that I received from Ryan's grandmother. The cake was delicious!





Ryan had a fun evening and we loved spending time with our friends.

Ryan loved legos as a kid, so I got him a lego set. Kind of childish, but he liked it (or at least pretended to...).


Maya just loved the bow on the present.



Happy 30th birthday, my husband!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

So glad Ryan's birthday turned out great in spite of the weather interfering with the plans. Looks like it was still awesome!

Holly Meehleis said...

Sorry your original plans were a flop. It looks like you salvaged it pretty dange good though! Happy 30th, Ryan!

Dad Duggins said...

Happy happy #30 RYAN!! Sorry this is late!