Thursday, May 14, 2020

Mother's Day - I'm so blessed

I am so blessed to be a mother. There are so many times that I don't feel like I do a good job, and I often wonder and worry about all the ways I am messing my kids up for their futures. God didn't allow me to become a mother so that I could fail. He allowed me to become a mother so that I could know what the deepest love in all of this world is like, and to have four little people who will (at least at this point in their lives) always forgive me and simply want to be loved and spend time with me. I love being a mother, and I love that I get to mother Maya, Brianna, Dallin, and Lydia.

Mother's Day this year was so wonderful. Ryan plays a big part in the day since our kids are still young. He started the day off by making crepes for breakfast. It was delicious!! And then he cleaned it all up (crepes makes a big mess)! After breakfast we got ready for church. My mom joined us this week - we hadn't seen her in about 2 months due to the stay-at-home order (which is now a "safer-at-home" order; a bit more lenient but certainly not what it used to be like). Maya and Brianna sang Mother, I Love You during church and it made my heart swell. I've never really listened to the lyrics before, but this time I did and they were spot on! I'm so glad Heavenly Father sent them to me. After church Aunt Wendy joined us for a chicken croissant lunch. We hung out for a few hours, and after they left our little family went on a hike to Horsetooth Falls. It is an easy hike, about 2.2 miles round trip (we inadvertently trained for that with all our afternoon walks). Dallin fell a lot but always got back up while saying, "I'm okay!" Everyone enjoyed the waterfall, and then it was time to head home for dinner. Ryan and I were not hungry due to the huge breakfast and huge lunch we had that day, so he made a chicken salad and quesadillas, and then finally we had Salted Caramel Cake and ice cream for dessert. It was a day filled with glorious food!


Bless you!


That's better.


Four of my most favorite people in the whole entire world!


My other favorite person in the whole entire world, in the pink jacket. I adore that she is so content to ride in the baby carrier for our long walks.



On Monday night we had a continuation of Mother's Day so that Ryan could make the dinner he had planned to do on Sunday. My dad joined us for a dinner of ribeye steaks, lobster, couscous, and zucchini; and then he cleaned up again. Ryan seriously spoils me and knows what I love most: delicious food and not having to clean the kitchen!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Chantal, you are a fabulous and darling mother!! And, you do point out the great love that mothers and fathers are blessed with as they raise the little ones that make the entire family so very special!! There is no other way to know just what that kind of love is all about. Always knowing that you would do anything and sacrifice everything for your children. That love doesn't go away....ever..... no matter how old your children are!

I love you!
Dad