Thursday, May 23, 2019

Lydia - 2 months

Lydia is two months old! I've always been so surprised by how much faster time seems to pass by once the baby is born. Two months before she was born still felt like a lifetime before we would meet her.

Lydia has started to smile and chuckle. She has the sweetest little smiles! She is also finding her voice, making adorable cooing and squealing sounds when she's happy. She had already found her not happy voice a long time ago. She loves to nurse, and that is still going very well. She eats every 3 - 4 hours now.


Speaking of her being happy, she's finally happy when she is awake!!! That was a LONG two months of constant crying, I tell you what. One afternoon/evening last week she was completely inconsolable. She cried for three hours straight and at the end of it she was quite upset, crying harder than I had ever heard her cry. She seemed to be in pain, or at least extreme discomfort. Ryan was holding her and could just feel the gas bubbles moving around inside her belly. He spoke to me in a very loving and sweet way (I was pretty upset myself, and my emotions were starting to get my face wet), and suggested that I try to change something with my diet. He figured the easiest thing to quickly change was for me to stop taking prenatal vitamins. It sounds weird that it would effect her, but we had found it helped Brianna and Dallin when they were nursing once I stopped taking them. I haven't taken them since then and she is a such a different little creature. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but I am so grateful that we reached a turning point in her demeanor. I was really struggling, and I'm so glad to know she isn't in pain anymore!


Lydia takes 3 or 4 naps every day, and they aren't the greatest, but we are managing. She likes to sleep for 20-30 minutes on her own and then, more often than not, requires me to wear her in my lillebaby to finish her nap. I will say that this morning she napped for an hour and a half all on her own!! We will see if that continues throughout the day, but I'm not holding my breath. 

At night she goes to bed around 8 PM and wakes up once, usually 4 AM, to eat and then goes back to sleep, waking around 7 AM for the day. I think she will start sleeping through the night on her own, but again, not holding my breath. Her long stretch of sleep gives me my own good 5-6 hour chunk before I have to get up with her. I won't complain about that!


She is now 9 lb 14 oz (15%). She is staying on par with our other babies - they're all little! We love this beautiful baby and are so glad she is in our family.

1 comment:

Dad/ Papa said...

Precious princess!! I'm so glad she seems to be feeling better. It's typically a reliable sign that there is something wrong with a wee one if he/she cries a lot. I hope the diet change has continued to help!!

I love you all!!