Saturday, March 2, 2019

February Frolicks

February was wonderfully short this year. We started it off by doing cute hair - Brianna had a birthday party to go to so a cute 'do was in order.



That afternoon I took the kids to a park to enjoy the decent weather. It was a nice time and the kids enjoyed playing outside.






Then there was a snowstorm! It was SO cold. I'm pretty sure it was in the teens when I sent the kids out. It was Dallin's first time getting to play in the snow. I found his snowsuit in a bag of hand me downs in the basement. It's a size 12 month but it was with the 24 month stuff! Lucky but sad that we don't get to use it much.







Poor little guy was pretty upset with getting so cold. He kept trying to do snow angels like his sisters but when he tried to get up he would roll over and put his face right in the snow, and then be stuck because of his big outfit. I admit I laughed.


We had a movie night at dinner time and watched The Lion King for the first time with the kids. It was a hit!



More hair-dos! I call this the DeLorean flux capacitor.





Dallin throws fits sometimes. Usually it is because he is hungry, so he gets a snack out, and then doesn't want it. He just can't decide what his tongue would like to experience and it's so frustrating!


I got everything ready for baby girl's arrival, including setting up the crib, bringing up the bassinet and Moses basket, and washing all the laundry for her including clothes, blankets, burp rags, sheets, etc. This laundry basket is full of newborn and 0-3 month clothes for her. I couldn't believe we had so much, but I guess it makes sense when we had a winter girl and a summer girl and this new spring girl can use a lot of both of those season's clothes.


Brianna's spit up skills left a lot of the clothes stained yellow, even though they were clean when I put them in storage. Crazy milk enzymes turning colors over time! I was not interested in tossing all of the clothes that were ruined so Google became my friend. I bought Baby OxiClean, put all of the stained clothes in the washing machine with three scoops of the OxiClean, and let the machine put in some water and agitate it a little. Then I turned off the machine and let the clothes soak overnight. In the morning I ran the machine with a couple of extra rinses and the clothes came out spotless! I was so impressed! This white onesie was more or less half yellow when I put it in the wash.


We went on a double date with Rusty and Ada Searle to an Indian restaurant in town. We ordered these things that ended up being humongous and we laughed.


Dallin is my little cleaner helper. He loves to get out the broom and sweep.


More fun hair.




A cute face to behold.


One day Dallin spread out his cozy (which he calls "this") and brought in book after book, reading each one.


I turned 34. For my birthday dinner we went to DC Oakes. The kids all ate very well (a great gift to me!) and we had a nice time together.



The day after my birthday I took the girls out to see How to Train Your Dragon: Hidden World. It was a good movie and I loved getting to go out with my girls on a mommy-daughter date. 


The girls both got sick. With what, I don't know. I'm guessing it was a mild case of influenza. They developed fevers and coughs on Monday and had to skip dance class. They both stayed home from school on Tuesday and we took up some of our time by making these cupcake liner fish. It was a nice activity to break up the humdrum of hack fests and lazing around. Brianna stayed home from school on Wednesday also and Maya had Thursday off from school, so it was all around an abnormal week. 


Last but not least, a French braid into a messy bun.


Now on to March, the best month of the year in 2019 because it means we get to welcome baby #4 and I don't have to be pregnant anymore! Yippee!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

February was awesome! The hairdos are so amazing and all of the pictures are so fun to look at. So glad the kids are all feeling healthy again now and-- Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Dad said...

You continue to make me laugh!! "Hack fest", "DeLorean flux capacitor"... HaHa!! What is the "Moses basket"?

I hope you had a fabulous birthday (as I post this comment in .... JULY)!!