Friday, January 4, 2019

December Diddleedoos

Well, it was December so obviously a lot of things went on. The holidays tend to create a level of busyness that is not experienced during other months. Christmas will get its own post, but here is a rundown of our month of December! Strap in and hang on, this post is longish.

I started out the month by creating this loverly ornament wreath. Holly and I had a craft day and we each made one. It took several hours and a lot of ornaments and hot glue, but I am totally in love with the final result! Fingers crossed it stays intact for lots of years so we can utilize this beauty. 


I sang a solo, Breath of Heaven, at our relief society Christmas social. It was the first time I ever sang a solo and I was surprisingly not nervous! I love that song and enjoyed singing it.


Maya was cute one evening warming her tootsies by the fire and reading a book.


Dallin got his first at-home haircut. He was a wiggly sort and it took an hour with a few botched up spots, but at least it was shorter. I'm still getting used to needing to cut hair when it gets long on one of my kids; with the girls we obviously just let it grow out!





One day he wouldn't take a nap. So we hung out.


I did hair a few times this month. The girls have gotten more and more whiny about letting me do it so it doesn't happen as often anymore. Breaks my mama heart!



We have a climber! Moments before I took this photo he was standing on the piano. He does this on the activity table we have as well. He always gets a look of pride on his face what he was reached the summit of his mountain of choice. So far he hasn't had a tumble!


More hair - spiral do!


I had another craft day with my friend, Julie. We turned these pieces of wood....


Into this! We each made our own, and the size of the wood was daunting at first (it is four feet long) but I love it. I enjoy seeing what my hands can create!


I attended the 50th birthday party of Lisbeth, the founder of LILLEbaby and my previous employer. It was a fun (and late) night. These ladies are like family, and even though I don't see them much, we always have a really great time. Tracey and I carpooled and finally headed out at about 12:15 AM to go home. I was super tired, and even though the party was still going strong it was time for me to go to bed!


Just so I don't randomly forgot anyone someday, left to right there is Lisbeth, Kelly, Brandi, Tracey, and me. I doubt I'll forget me.


Keely (with her newborn, Vivian), Kristin, Anna, and Elina. Stephanie showed up later.


The party was at Lisbeth's home and was catered. The food was so delicious!






Dallin has fallen in love with the nursing cover I used with him. It's pretty adorable how he finds comfort in it! 


Maya and I spent some time painting together using my old nicer brushes. We made cottages in the woods.






That evening, super last minute, Ryan and I went to a Broncos game with Brady and Erin. It was my first (and probably last) game. We lost and were in the highest seats in the house, but it was really fun to get to be there amidst the cheering and not cheering moments. We very much appreciated getting invited! I got this cute scarf for the occasion. Any excuse for some new accessories!





For the last week of school before Christmas break I "made" the girls let me do their hair cute. One day I did Christmas trees.



And another day I did a different style of Christmas tree....


and candy cane braid with twists on the side. I came up with this one by myself.


Here is Dallin. He is cute!


A week before Christmas we went to the Gardens at Spring Creek to see their Christmas light display. They do a great job! We went last year too - maybe this will become a tradition?




It's worth noting that I am holding a cup of the best hot chocolate ever, purchased from The Human Bean. We shall go there again.






Maya had a little Christmas party at her school (photo courtesy of my friend who was helping there).


Brianna had a Christmas performance at her preschool. She did a great job and I loved watching her perform!



After the show we decorated sugar cookies and then it was Christmas break. Yeehaw!



I reached the 3rd trimester with baby #4! Still look pretty small, don't feel so small. The countdown is on, but I try not to think about it too much. It's like watching a pot boil.


We had our friends, Austin and Lauren Cook (with their boys, Stratton and Brigham) over for a cheese and meat night. We love cheese. And meat. And crackers. What a delightful evening it was. 


We made Christmas treat plates to take to friends for the first time! We made snicker doodle bars, cherry crinkle cookies, toffee, and oreo balls. Dallin got to lick the beater with the snicker doodle bar dough on it and he was quite thrilled with the experience.



Ryan was the master chef of the toffee.


The day after Christmas we joined Ryan's siblings and their kids at the Discovery Children's Museum here in town. It was a great way to break up the day and give the kids something fun to do during the long break from school.





Brianna was completely heartbroken by the dead spider on display. Oh, poor thing.





Daddy and kiddo time. It's the best.


One of the girls' favorite Christmas gifts were Lego Elves sets. Maya got one from Santa and then we went to Target and got two more with the Christmas money we received from Grandpa Kent and Grandma Lalo. It was also a gift, in a way, for Ryan and I because we had fun constructing them for the girls. Win win!


Last but not least, New Year's Eve. The kids were in bed, we watched The Tourist, and snacked on cocktail shrimp, amazing cheese, crackers, fruit, and yogurt. Ryan and I kissed each other good night at midnight and happily welcomed a new year. We are excited to meet our new daughter this year, as well as continue to create happy memories and watch our children grow!


2 comments:

Dad/ Papa said...

Well, you were right!! That was a rather long post, but man was it so wonderful to see all of the pictures and see all that went on at the Koenig household in December!! It was a fabulous month as depicted in your blog!! I, too, am looking forward to welcoming a new sweet little granddaughter to the family in 2019!! You are such an adorable pregnant queen!! :)

Holly Meehleis said...

Brianna has such a soft heart--spiders are scary, and she was still heartbroken that it was dead?? Is she afraid of them when they're alive?