Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween!!

I had this post completely written but my phone wouldn't post it and then it got deleted somehow. My heart is sad, but I can write it again. :)

I loved Halloween this year. Holidays were made special to me because my mom made sure they were special. I am finding myself wanting the same for my daughters.


This year I decided to do a craft with Maya. She made a witch and pumpkin out of paper plates, finger paints, and construction paper. 


She didn't quite get, or enjoy, the concept of finger painting. She wanted me to wipe it off right away. Haha, what a girl. 


I got her a sponge brush and then she was happy to go to town. She ended up using all if the paint and lots of plates. I didn't get a picture of the finished products, but they are pretty cute. 


Nana gave Maya this cute pumpkin. Maya loved it! She even showed it her deepest love by throwing it down the stairs and then comforting it. She thinks that's pretty fun. And it didn't break! I just hope Brianna never experiences that level of love from Maya. 

And then of course there was pumpkin carving! Ryan came home early on Halloween so that we could carve then before dinner. 




Maya really enjoyed poking my pumpkin. 



For dinner we had Jack O' Lantern pizza. Although to me it looks more like a Two Circles O' Pepperoni pizza. It was pretty tasty!


After dinner we got Maya in her costume and I took her trick or treating. Ryan stayed home with Brianna because she was really super crabby that evening. 


Maya had a blast, so in turn so did I! We only went to 7 houses, but I think she could have done a lot more. I asked her if she was having fun, and she looked up at me with a huge grin on her cute little penguin face and enthusiastically nodded her head. I am so glad we decided to let her go - we almost didn't because she can't even say trick or treat. 


She got a decent stash of candy! Although, half of that is from our bowl. She poured it all in her bag when we got home. I feel awful that I didn't get a picture of Brianna in her costume this year, but it really just didn't work out. Mommy fail? Don't worry baby, I still love you. 


Happy Halloween!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Loved getting to see your Halloween adventures. So fun to be able to pass along the traditions and sense of fun I got from MY mom! Your jack-o-lanterns are so great--the witch is my favorite! Thanks for all the wonderful pics!

Dad said...

Such a fun adventure and what "cue-t-pies"!!