Thursday, June 20, 2013

1/2 A Year Already!


Hurray for 6-months old!! We cannot believe that our little girl is halfway to a year already, but we sure are loving watching her grow up!


To celebrate her 6-month birthday we went to Taste of Fort Collins. (Actually, we were invited to go by David and Ashley but we will just say it was to celebrate because then I can put it in this post!) We arrived at about 2:45 PM on Saturday and saved a spot on lawn to watch the band we wanted to see that night. Matt Nathansen was playing. I only knew one or two of his songs, but I liked the other songs too.


We tried desperately to get Maya to nap. Talk about over-stimulation! Ryan managed to get her to snooze for about 40 minutes. That was the only nap she got between 2:30 PM and 9 PM. Despite that, she never got very fussy! Did I mention our child is an angel?


Brady also joined us for the music. It was nice to spend time with everybody!


We got Beau Jo's for dinner, which is mountain pizza pies. It was really expensive and not that amazing. We won't be going there again!


Maya can now sit up on her own! She got it down while we were on a vacation, and now she's a pro.


I have been taking her on walks every day to enjoy the outside world. She sits very happily in her stroller just looking around. She has even stopped trying to take off her sunglasses.


She now weighs 12 lb 5 oz and is 24 1/2 inches long. She gained less than a pound in 2 months! I was a little worried at first, but the doctor reassured me that it is fine. She is in the lower 3% in weight and 10% in height. But her head? 75%. She's got some brains!


Sometimes she still tips over....


I am so looking forward to spending my summer with this sweet little girl! 

2 comments:

Holly Meehleis said...

Was that the first time you had had Beau Jo's? I LOVE their pizza! Maybe you just didn't order the right pie...

p.s. The phrase I have to type to prove I'm not a robot is "excreting icphern." Hm.

p.p.s. If you feel like answering my Beau Jo's question, text me. It's highly unlikely that I'll look back here =)

Mom said...

Little girl so cute and growing up so fast!